History of St. Oliver Plunkett National School
St. Oliver Plunkett N.S. opened its doors for its first pupils on January 8th 1899. The school was divided into two rooms and comprised of a Boys N.S. and a Girls N.S. In 1970 both schools were amalgamated and in 1976 an eight classroom two story extension was built. The extension was blessed and officially opened by Archbishop Tómas O’Fiaich on 15th April 1978.
By 1976 there were 386 pupils on roll at St. Oliver Plunkett N.S. The highest enrolment to date was in June 1988 with 468 pupils. We are rapidly catching up however with 445 on roll in June 2019. There are currently 23 teachers, 3 SNAs, one full time secretary and one full time caretaker employed at our school. Our Principal is Mrs. Catherine Dempsey and our Deputy Principal is Mr. Conor Clune.